The 101 level is where your pet training begins!
101 lessons cover behavioral and obedience training basics for both puppies and adult dogs.
Pet owners learn reward-based dog training concepts and techniques based on learning theory, dog ethology, and humane reinforcement.
101 Program Structure and Fees:
Option 1: 8-week Manteno group dog training class program: $320.00
Option 2: 8-week Manteno combination program -- private lessons plus group training: $510.00
Option 3: 5-week private training program: $450.00/ Manteno, $600.00/ in your home*
101 Training Syllabus:
- Leadership and Learning Theory (which we use) VS "Dominance" and "Alpha" Methods (which we don't use!)
- Reinforcement (The Good Stuff- which we use!), VS Punishment (The Bad Stuff- which we don't use!)
- The Self-Controlled Dog
- Permission Training
- How Dogs Learn Cues; Free-Shaping
- Applied Positive Reinforcement
- Permanent Boundaries
- The Inner Circle of Safety
- Flight Extinction: Curtailing Canine Keep-Away
- Red-Light/ Green-Light: Polite Social Greetings
- The End of Selective-Hearing
- Obedience Versus Cooperation
- Controlled Walking
- Leash Handling Techniques
- Following the Leader--Willingly!
- "Let's Go" Versus "Heel"
- Differentiating Class, Study Hall, and Recess
- Restraint Concepts:
- (and a revisit with permanent boundaries!)